Being a bespoke suspension specialist and not just your typical coilover kit company (i.e a trading company that buys mass-manufactured kits in bulk from Taiwan/China/Korea/Japan at a low cost), at YCW Suspension, we focus primarily on what makes-or-breaks a performance suspension system; the dampers. Or more specifically, not only the valving technology that goes inside them, but also the valving calculations necessary to meet the customers requirements.
Each and every damper that we spec for a customer is custom-valved and tuned specifically for that customer and his/her requirements; these are not just simply your typical coilover kit sitting on a shelf waiting to be sold. Infact, we don’t have a single coilover kit sitting on our shelves collecting dust. Our huge inventory consists solely of the individual components that make up the coilover kit.
Recognising grassroots racers and their thirst for DIY, we also make available on our website each and every individual component for those who wish to service their own dampers; unlike our competition, this is something we actively encourage. Our aim with the YCW Suspension website is to offer a full knowledge base for grassroots racers to calculate, build and tune their own dampers to meet their requirements.
With the correct, high-quality components and our specialist tools, no longer is damper building/tuning a “Black Art” reserved for big-budget race teams; basic garage tools and a day getting your hands oily is sufficient enough to build a set of dampers that will outperform all the Taiwanese/Chinese/Korean/Japanese coilover kits currently plaguing the market. Infact, with a little bit of future investment (such as our Bleed Station) and practise, your dampers can outperform the majority of the “big brand” European/US kits as well, and you will never again have to pay another company hundreds of dollars to rebuild your dampers for you when servicing time comes.
Of course, not everyone wants to get their hands oily, nor have the technical inclination to do so, which is why we also offer fully assembled kits.
To view the full technical specifications of what we have to offer (and what is included with the “Test Kits”), please click on the relevant tabs above (Dampers/Mounts&Perches/Swift Springs/Tuning & Assembly/Servicing/Warranty)
Mounts & Perches
Front Upper Mounts
- Vulcanized Rubber – High Durometer Rubber Bushings (minimal NVH. Non-Camber Adjustable). For fitments that utilise oem and/or eyelet mounts
- Spherical (Cushioned) – Teflon-Lined Spherical Bearings (Front Camber Adjustable on MacPherson Struts) with cushioned sleeves to reduce NVH. Non-applicable to oem and/or eyelet mounts
- Includes our Bolt Isolators to reduce NVH. These can be removed if not required
- Steel Thrust Bearing to decrease coil friction/clunking. Non-applicable to oem and/or eyelet mounts
Rear Upper Mounts
- The same type of bushing for the Front Upper Mount will be used (where applicable). Non-applicable to oem and/or eyelet mounts
- Includes our Bolt Isolators to reduce NVH (where applicable). These can be removed if not required
- Steel Thrust Bearing (where applicable) to decrease coil friction/clunking. Non-applicable to oem and/or eyelet mounts
Spring Perches (Upper & Lower)
- Teflon Thrust Sheets – These allow the spring to rotate freely from the damper, minimising coil friction/clunking
At YCW Suspension, we recommend (but not mandatory) the following servicing schedule for all of our Racing Dampers to ensure they always perform at optimum and as intended:
- Street Use/Limited Track – Approx. 20,000km
- Track Use – Every season
All YCW Suspension Racing Dampers are fully serviceable, with Service Parts always in stock and available for purchase either online or from one of our service facilities. With basic garage tools and a couple of specialist tools (also available for purchase), servicing your dampers can easily be done within an afternoon.
For those who would prefer to send in their dampers to be serviced by a YCW technician, servicing is provided at a discounted rate to the Original Purchaser. Otherwise, our standard rebuild service rate of $100 per damper + Parts & Shipping apply
Our rebuild service consists of:
- Disassembly and inspection of all non-wear parts. If necessary, parts will be replaced (chargeable if not Original Purchaser)
- Ultrasonic cleaning and polishing of all non-wear parts
- All O-Rings replaced with brand new BUNA & Viton O-Rings regardless of condition
- Valving is checked for consistency. If necessary, valving will be replaced
- Damper Fluid replaced with fresh Silkolene RSF 2.5w regardless of condition
- Damper(s) is tested on our MTS Roehrig 3VS Shock Dyno to check for valving consistency and seal-drag
- Damper(s) is QC-tested and run-in (10,000 cycles @ variable speeds and side loads) on our in-house Durability Tester
Due to the nature of For Race Use Only products, YCW Suspension will provide a limited 1 year warranty on all coilover kits to be free of defects in materials and workmanship upon receipt of product and time of professional installation. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer/installer to verify the suitability for installation. Parts returned must be determined by YCW Suspension to be defective before any warranty credit or replacement is issued
YCW Suspension obligation under warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing, at its option, any part proven defective. The customer must prepay transportation charges
Final determination of the suitability of the products for the use contemplated by the buyer is the sole responsibility of the buyer. YCW Suspension shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, including claims for delay, loss of profits, or labour
YCW Suspension shall not be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property resulting from improper installation or misuse of any part subject to this warranty
There are no other warranties expressed or implied extending beyond those set forth above
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.